- Well, my head valet guy is on vacation! I didn’t even get to say bye to him! Darn! But, the other kid is heading it up and he’s awesome. Nam is going to hook him up withe one of his buddies who owns valet companies and get him additional work. I love my husband!
- Waiting room was quiet today, but there was an older couple in there with really weird socks. This man in his 70s was wearing striped fluorescent colored socks that look like they should be on a tweenager! They were both very engaged in their newspaper.
- An older man came in with a cane and his daughter. He seemed very tired and was complaining of all the xrays they’ve done on him. I prayed for him to have physical healing and a peace in his heart. Also prayed for his daughter to not be frustrated or have anxiety over watching her dad be upset. Caretakers are so often overlooked!
- I got to see Barb today! Yay! I didn’t think I’d see her again. She thanked me for the book and said she’d read some of it! Cool!!!! Glad she got to go home to Nebraska for Christmas. I hope she had a good time. I wonder if she notices a culture difference. I don’t know how long she’s been in Texas, though…
- Nam came out and thanked Jason and Barb for their care for me and making me at east and comfortable. Told them how much he really appreciated it. I love him. He’s such a standup guy with a heart like the Lord’s! He always sings that song “Give me your eyes, so I can see” and I always think how he’s already got them!
- On the table today, I had to pee so bad! I almost had to wave my hand around for them to stop the machine, but then I heard it whoosh really fast, which means that I’m almost done. But I couldn’t wait to gather my stuff either; I had to bolt it to the bathroom. It was tortuous!
- Sad that it was my last day with Jason AND Barb! Man! I know it’s so dorky, but I called them after and told them to FB me so we could stay in touch. That probably violates some ethical something or other, but they are so great and I am awesome, so it’d be nice to stay in touch!
- I’d really like to go into the medical field one day (yes, I know I say this all the time for the past five million years). Found out from my cousin this week that UTA has an online nursing school. I could totally do that. But, do I want nursing? Of course I’d love to be a doctor and I’m plenty smart enough, but I don’t really want to go to school that long right now. Respiratory therapist? They don’t deal with the south end, so that’s nice. Nam said if I go back and need to take my sciences over again (of course I would) that he’d audit and do it with me. How fun! I’d totally kick his butt! Anyway, always thinking…
AboutThis is our story, the story of our children waiting in Heaven, our children here now, our children yet to be, and a God who carries us forward every step of the way.
Join 79 other subscribers
- June 2017 (1)
- March 2017 (1)
- July 2016 (1)
- June 2016 (4)
- February 2016 (1)
- September 2014 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (3)
- January 2012 (5)
- Arbor Day Babysitting Bible blessing Books of Chronicles C.S. Lewis Casting Crowns change choice Christianity Credit card Dave Ramsey Debt Free Desparate downward spiral Easter faith faithfulness Financial Peace: Restoring Financial Hope to You and Your Family Finding Jesus follow giving God God's Love goodbye to my dad Good Friday Grace Help hope Hurt Jesus Joy King Uzziah Knowing God Konmari life after loss little girl Lord loss Lost miscarriage missions Mom and Dad Organization Paid in Full pain Pantry Parent Praise You In This Storm pregnancy loss Pretty pride repent risk sin sorrow speech Suffering teaching trust Uzziah